Benign cysts, while non-cancerous, can be more than just a minor inconvenience. Whether they’re causing discomfort, pain, or self-consciousness, seeking treatment is a crucial step toward regaining your well-being and confidence. At MACS Clinic, we understand the challenges posed by benign cysts and offer a specialized service to address them. In this article, we’ll explore the reasons for considering benign cyst surgery, the benefits of undergoing the procedure under local anaesthesia, and how you can access this service at MACS Clinic.
Why Consider Benign Cyst Surgery?
- Relief from Discomfort: Many benign cysts can cause physical discomfort. They may press against surrounding tissues or nerves, leading to pain or tenderness. Surgery provides a lasting solution to alleviate this discomfort.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Cysts located in visible areas of the body can have a significant impact on your self-esteem. Surgical removal can restore your natural appearance, boosting your confidence and overall well-being.
- Preventing Infection: Cysts are susceptible to infection, which can lead to more severe health issues if left untreated. Surgery removes the cyst and reduces the risk of infection.
Procedure Under Local Anaesthesia:
Here’s what you can expect when opting for benign cyst surgery under local anaesthesia:
- Consultation and Assessment: Your journey begins with a thorough consultation with our senior consultant plastic surgeon Mr. Shailesh Vadodaria. He will examine the cyst, discuss your concerns, and provide a detailed overview of the procedure.
- Local Anaesthesia: Before the surgery begins, Mr Vadodaria will mark the area around the cyst. Then, local anaesthesia is administered to numb the area surrounding the cyst. This ensures you remain awake and pain-free during the procedure while still feeling comfortable.
3. Precise Cyst Removal: Mr. Vadodaria uses magnifying loop and a headlight to remove the cyst with precision. The procedure is typically quick (30 minutes – 45 minutes). The cyst is removed with a scalpel
4. Careful Stitching: After cyst removal, the incision is meticulously stitched with absorbable sutures to minimize scarring. Steri-strips are applied on the suture line to promote optimal healing
5. Post-Operative Care: Following the procedure, our medical team will provide you with comprehensive post-operative care instructions to ensure a smooth and speedy recovery.
Medical insured patients (BUPA, CIGNA, AVIVA, WPA etc) can avail these procedures under their insurance cover.